If you are thinking about moving to Orange County, California, get ready for all the advantages. South OC is home to so many amazing beaches, and parks, as well as unique and incredible events. Art festivals and paddle boarding, and pro sports are among the attractions you can find when exploring. With award-winning schools and a business community that is active and thriving, you will find a vibrant and energetic lifestyle at every turn.
So much of our time is spent in the quaint beach towns found in Orange County, all of which offer their own unique qualities. Surfing museums can be found in Huntington Beach, and tide pools as well as stunning landscapes are at hand in Laguna Beach. From luxury to laid-back beach vibes, there is an abundance of both in Newport Beach. An area that boasts breathtaking beauty, fine dining, and world-renowned shopping. However, for the moments you want to kick off your shoes and hang out with friends there is no lack of people and places to enjoy just that.
Orange County is more than a place we live. The people of Orange County, its communities, nature, and the beauty it holds, are so close to our hearts.
This is our home, and we want to share with you the countless reasons why it’s so special. So our team decided to list each of their top 5 favorite places and things to experience that make Orange County such a truly special place!
Kayla’s Top 5
- Fisherman’s Cove in Laguna beach
- Neighbors meet with dogs in the morning
- Great snorkeling
- Walk to the farmers market on Saturdays
- Walk to the beach
- Walk to shopping and dining downtown
- Great weather
- Outdoor activities 365 days a year
- Paddleboarding, surfing, hiking, biking
- Central location to mountains, LA, San Diego
Dawn’s Top 5
- Laguna Niguel Regional Park
I walk it most mornings and am always blown away by how beautiful it is. It reminds me how lucky I am to live where I do!
- Dana Point Harbor
I love JON’S Fish market, specifically, the miso glazed smoked salmon…paddle boarding and the ocean institute is always wonderful for a day to wander and be together!
We are pass holders and huge Disneyland fans!
- Lido Island Newport Beach
The best coffee I have ever tasted is at HERST coffee on Via Lido. Take a walk around the block to Rye Goods for the most amazing bakery items this side of anywhere!
- Irvine Spectrum
You could literally spend the day here. Start with breakfast at a number of restaurants, shop, see a movie, do an escape room, play games at Dave and Busters, and also enjoy lunch and dinner with cuisines from Vietnam, Cuba, Japan, BBQ, and American!
Tom’s Top 5
Lived in Dana Point for 40 years and watched the city grow into what it is now.
- Accessibility to some of the state’s best beaches. Strands Beach is a local beach that is my favorite. I love how close the harbor is for dining, shopping, paddling, and walking. I walk the harbor minimum of three times a week year-round.
- I love the community and the neighborhoods in Dana Point. I have raised my 3 kids here and get to participate in community activities all over again with my grandkids.
- I like that I can ride my bike anywhere in Dana Point.
- I love the restaurants and dining in Dana Point. I like that I don’t have to leave my town to go to fine dining restaurants and enjoy great food. I like that many of the restaurants have been established for years, as well as the new ones with the Dana Point redevelopment.
- I like that it’s a small town and that I seem to know most of the people here. It’s nice to be able to get a cup of coffee and run into friends and neighbors.
Natalie’s Top 5
- The perfect amount of Sunshine (not too hot and not too humid)
I love vitamin D and the natural energy the sun provides.
- The beach
My favorite beach is Salt Creek in Dana Point, I love the option to enjoy the beach from the sand or from the grass.
- Shopping & Dining
From large malls like South Coast Plaza & Fashion Island to quaint downtowns like Laguna Beach and Lido Isle, it’s hard to beat the variety and number South OC has to offer.
I love that my boys can comfortably play sports outdoors year-round and I love our access to professional sports venues. My boys love going to professional sports games and we are within 1.5 hours of LA Dodgers, San Diego Padres, LA Angels, LA Rams, LA Chargers, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Kings, LA Galaxy, and LAFC. When it comes to access to live sports we are spoiled in SoCal.
- Healthy Lifestyle
Overall South OC encourages a healthy lifestyle, from farmers markets to gyms, to outdoor activities, there is an overall emphasis and access to good health. I personally love that cities such as Laguna Beach, Dana Point, and Irvine are smoke-free cities.
Moving to Orange County means you’ll find sunshine and plenty of cultures. This place has everything you need to be happy in your new home! Whether you’re looking to raise a family, enjoy the beautiful weather year-round, or just need to escape from your busy everyday life, there are plenty of reasons to consider living here.
If you’re interested in relocating to Orange County, we are excited to work with you on a unique plan that includes the community of your dreams. We guarantee our services will exceed your expectations and give you the ability to make an amazing decision.
Get in touch with us at 949-541-8122.